Friday, November 30, 2007

The Big Day Is NEAR (Well it's actually like tmr)

Last post before I leave. Therefore last post to do with pre-trip planning. I'm excited yet strangely serene. Packing has been okay, it's been interesting to see how much crap I can fit into my suitcase without destroying it. I've gone for a combination of rolling and folding my clothes, I don't know which is better but so far the game of Tetris has been vaguely successful although dollars to donuts my jeans are going to be quite wrinkly on the other side of the world.

I've decided to forsake my 30gig MP3 player, instead I'm taking along a crappy $50 1gig one. I've decided since I never really listen to 30gigs of music anyway I'll forsake it and save some space from the charger and other odds and ends. Plus I won't have to worry about losing it or it being stolen or me dropping it into a ravine or something. I'm still taking my laptop, so I've transferred about 10gigs of music onto that and I'll mix and match. I still can't believe the amount of electronics I'm taking, I guess this is why geeks shouldn't really travel. (Yes, if you're wondering, I am taking a 4 plug powerboard with me)

my bags stuffed to the brim...how am I meant to bring stuff back?

----

VIENNA

THINGS TO DO
  • Schonbrunn Palace (Schloss Schonbrunn)
  • Imperial Palace (Hofburg)
  • St. Peter's Church (Peterskirche)
  • St. Stephen's Cathedral (Stephansdom)
  • Imperial Treasury (Schatzkammer)
  • Naschmarkt
  • Museum Quarter (MuseumsQuartier Wien)
  • Museum of Fine Arts - Kunsthistorisches Museum,
  • Belvedere Palace (Schloss Belvedere)
  • Church of St. Michael (Michaelerkirche),
  • State Opera House (Staatsoper),
  • House of Music (Haus der Musik),
  • Sigmund Freud Haus Museum
  • Ringstrasse
  • Inner Ring
FOOD
  • Sachertorte
  • Apfelstrudel
EVENTS
Opera at the State Opera House

---

BERLIN

...Partay like it's 1989...

1 comment:

John said...

Bon voyage!

Hope you find yourself (and then some!) in your journeys.